Bordering Chobe National Park, Linyanti Wildlife Reserve is one of the best spots in Africa where you can see big elephant herds taking bath in the river. I stayed two nights at wonderful Kings Pool Camp and I can say I had the time of my Botswana safari here!
The camp’s nine luxurious tents (including one family unit) each boast a large bedroom area and lounge leading out onto a veranda with a private plunge pool and thatched sala from which to soak up the gorgeous views and possibly even spot elephant crossing the channel. The spacious en-suite bathrooms have double showers and hand-basins, as well as an outdoor shower for those who wish to shower ‘in’ nature! The spacious main area comprises a lounge, dining room and a convivial bar beautifully set on expansive raised decks. There is also a pool and an open-air ‘kgotla’ for evening dining under the stars.
- The camp is built on a former hunting ground of the Danish Royal Family. That’s why it’s named “Kings Pool Camp”.
- I had great time in my private plunge pool. Real luxury in Africa!
- I had seen lots of elephants taking bath in the river. It was spectacular!
- I took a sundowner cruise down the Linyanti River on the beautiful Queen Sylvia. A breathtaking experience!
- The food was amazing and the staff was sincerely friendly.
Thank you Kings Pool Camp
Wilderness Safaris, www.wilderness-safaris.com